A “typical” FMEA Training Workshop is 1 or 2 days, which combines classroom training with focused “break-out” sessions working on real and simulated FMEA projects. Both Product and Process FMEA’s are thoroughly explained. Note: The 2nd focuses mostly on real FMEA Projects for the Client. This can be customized to fit the client’s needs.
The emphasis in this Workshop focuses on the step-by-step “How-to’s” of FMEA so participants walk away with confidence and enthusiasm using the FMEA Process presented.
The workshop objectives can be loosely summarized as the following:
- Understand the different types of FMEA’s. (System, Design, and Process)
- Learn the “How to’s” for each “Step” of an FMEA Task.
- Learn 8 strategies to help determine Root Causes of Failure Modes.
- Learn when FMEA’s should be started & completed.
- Learn how to quantify and assess risk in design and manufacturing.
- Learn several strategies to reduce or mitigate risk (RPN’s)
- Learn how to assemble an effective FMEA Team.
- Learn Pugh’s Concept Selection tool for evaluating & synthesizing concepts.
- Learn how Production Control Plans integrate with FMEA.
- Learn how to plan and execute a successful FMEA project.
- Get started on a real FMEA Application in class.
- Learn FMEA well enough to start and lead FMEA Projects.
- Learn how other “Tools” can compliment and integrate with FMEA. (Control Plans, DFSS, QFD, Pugh, TRIZ, Taguchi’s Methods, FTA, VA/VE, SPC, etc.)